Salvioni was founded by Mr Angelo Salvioni in the 1950's as a family business, firstly manufacturing furniture and later trading design products.
In 1986, his sons, Ercole and Giovanni, combined their skills acquired in different experiences and converted the business family into entrepreneurial reality, dedicated exclusively to trading.
The first showroom was in Inverigo, in the province of Como, with a surface of 2.000 m2(21.600 Ft2) which was doubled in 1988 thanks to the acquisition of the sales point in Lentate sul Seveso, near Milan.
The 1990's saw Salvioni SpA raising steeply: in 1995 the Architect Paolo Piva designed the prestigious facade of continuous glass for the showroom in Inverigo. In 1998, a new logistics department of 1.500 m2(16.200 Ft2) was created to underline the increasing efficiency in the business organization while in 1999 the opening of the exclusive Salvioni Store rendered an even more complete products' offer.
In 2010, the main headquarters in Inverigo was enlarged thanks to the project of the Arch. Paolo Piva with a total area of 3.200 m2(34.500 Ft2).
Over the years, due to his professional work, Mr Giovanni Salvioni was awarded several titles: in 2005 he was elected "Knight of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic" and in 2010 "Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic".
Finally, in 2011 he received the honour of "Knight of the Order of Merit for Labour", awarded to those "who have been singularly meritorious" in work: since 1901 to this day, he is the first retailer in the interior design field to gain this prestigious Italian award.
In 2014 the new logistics department of over 7.000 m2 (75.000 ft2), which is basic for a company that is now international-wide, has been inaugurated.